Fund For Education Abroad Info Session
Location: International Commons (Room 1117) @ University Capitol Centre
Join International Programs for an information session to discuss the process of applying for a Fund for Education Abroad scholarship on Wednesday, August 29, from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. in 1117 University Capitol Centre.
Created in 2010 to expand access to study abroad, the Fund for Education Abroad scholarship seeks to diversify the pool of students who study abroad. To more closely reflect the U.S. demographics, this scholarship attempts to award students who are underrepresented in study abroad and/or are planning to participate in programs in non-traditional locations.
This year’s application deadline is Tuesday, September 18, 11 a.m. Central Standard Time
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Current undergraduate, degree-seeking student in good standing
- Spring 2019 study abroad program for academic credit starting any time between January and April 2019 that is a minimum of 28 days in duration
- Demonstrated financial need
- FEA gives preference to students that are underrepresented in education abroad such as First Generation, minority, and community college (transfer) students
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa-sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact Teresa Kout in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 319-335-0353.Read More +