Add Your Event
Step 1. Gather your materials
A good event posting means the difference between people showing up or ignoring your event.
- Location for your event
- Date of the event
- Time of the event
- Photo that represents the event –– (not a graphic with words, a photo)
- Description–– why should someone attend? What will they gain?
- Read more about Event Promotion Best Practices
Step 2. Visit content.uiowa.edu
- Login to content.uiowa.edu with your HawkID by clicking the button above.
- Click "Add New Event"
- Add your event details
- Important: add "After Class" under "General Interest" at the bottom of the form
- Submit your form
Step 3. Use your new After Class page
- Link to After Class on social media posts
- Include links to After Class in your promotional emails
- Contact us at email@example.com to ask about additional digital promotion.
- Read our Best Practices Page for more information.
After Class events policy
- Events must be open to the public.
- Events should be relevant to UI students.
- Most events on the site, though not all, will be sponsored by a UI student organization or department.