Add your post
Add a social media post
If you'd like a social media post that contains event info or other information for students to appear on After Class, please enter the link or URL below, followed by the date you'd like the post to automatically expire or be removed from the site.
If you have any questions about this process, please email email@example.com.
Add your event to the UI Calendar and After Class
Step 1. Gather your materials
A good event posting means the difference between people showing up or ignoring your event.
- Location for your event
- Date of the event
- Time of the event
- Photo that represents the event –– (not a graphic with words, a photo)
- Description –– why should someone attend? What will they gain?
- Read more about Event Promotion Best Practices
Step 2. Visit content.uiowa.edu
- Go there now
- Add your event details
- IMPORTANT: add "After Class" under "General Interest" at the bottom of the form
- Submit your form
Step 3. Use your new After Class page
- Link to After Class on social media posts
- Include links to After Class in your promotional emails
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask about additional digital promotion.
- Read our Best Practices Page for more information.
After Class events policy
- Events must be open to the public.
- Events should be relevant to UI students.
- Most events on the site, though not all, will be sponsored by a UI student organization or department.
- We reserve the right to edit or reject submissions at our discretion, without notice. This policy may be modified at any time.